English | Español
Who We Are
Please note that we provide the Services to you. It is not a service to any of your healthcare or insurance providers. To the extent ScriptHero is acting in the capacity of a Covered Entity or Business Associate as defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), ScriptHero complies with the HIPAA Privacy Rule which governs safeguards to protect “Protected Health Information” (PHI).
About the ScriptHero Website and App
Each of the Website and App gathers several types of information from and about users of the Services, including medication information, claims information, geographic location and user preferences. This allows the Website and App to:
- Check the prices of your medication at multiple pharmacies near you
- Show you comparable prices for your medication using information received from third parties
- Help you to start a transfer of an existing prescription to a different pharmacy
Categories of Information We Collect
The information we collect from or about you allows us to deliver services and helps us personalize and improve your experience on the Services. For certain activities, such as when you register, use our Services, or contact us directly, we may use or collect the following categories of information directly from you:
- Contact information, including information you provide so we can identify and contact you, such as your first name, last name, e-mail address, physical address and phone number.
- Information about medications you are seeking to fill (such as medication names and dosage) and your preferred pharmacy.
- Claims data, including the information you provide and medications that have been purchased, including name, date of birth, insurance information, pharmacy location and prescribing healthcare provider.
- Geographic location information from you or your device, including your geolocation data, zip code, region, city, street address, time zone, latitude and longitude information. Please note that we will not access precise geo-location information from your device, unless you grant the App permission to do so.
- Account information, including your username and password.
- User preferences.
- Payment information.
- Technical data and related information, such as information about your device, system and application software, peripherals and other data related to your interactions with the App.
- Metadata and other information associated with or stored on your device.
We may also collect information directly from you outside of the Services if you provide it to us, for example, if you send Customer Service a request or email.
When you download the App or use the Website, we automatically collect some categories of information from you, such as information about your use of the App (e.g., features used, content viewed, dates and times of interactions) and technical data about your device, such as operating system, model, device identifier, and IP address.
We may also automatically collect certain technical information relating to you, which your web browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website on the Internet or which is collected when you use a mobile application (see “Cookies” below for more information). For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect information relating to your use of the Services. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your device, to help us analyze how you use our Services. You can find out more about how Google uses data by visiting “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services”, located at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Information we collect about you may be used for the following purposes:
- Operating the Services, including to provide you the Service features.
- To provide you the information and services you request when you use the Services.
- To customize your experience when you use the Services, for example to provide you with interactive or personalized elements or provide you with content based on your interests, requests, and location.
- Improve the Services and other ScriptHero products or services, including by developing new products and services, perform quality control activities, and conduct data analytics.
- Provide account management and customer service and engaging in system maintenance.
- Deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements within, for example, the Services or through third party apps or websites that may be of interest to you.
- Communicate service-related or required notices about the Website or App to you, which may include communications by email or by text messages (i.e., SMS) at the mobile device number you provide us.
- To provide the Services as permitted by, and in compliance with, applicable laws, regulations, court orders, or other legal processes.
- Compile, synthesize, generate and analyze anonymous usage and other aggregated statistics and information.
- Monitor your use of the BIN/PCN/RXGroup/Member ID or other information we provide to you.
When permitted by applicable law, we may also:
- Combine the information you provide us, or that we collect from third parties, with other information maintained by us, and use that combined information for any of the above purposes.
- De-identify your information by removing information typically used to identify you (such as your name, phone number, email address, and Member ID) and use that de-identified information for any purpose.
How We Share Information We Collect
Your information may be disclosed to the following third parties:
- Pharmacies and other partners who help us provide the services available through the Website or App to you.
- Business partners, including pharmaceutical companies, pharmaceutical hub services providers, and pharmacy benefits managers, who may deliver marketing communications, promotional markets, advertisements, or other information that may be of interest to you. You will be given the option to opt out of marketing messages.
- Payment vendors to process your payments.
- If required to do so by law or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend our rights or property; or (3) to protect someone's safety.
- Advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties related to the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate change of control resulting from, for example, a sale to, or merger with another entity. If all or substantially all our assets or stock is acquired by a third party, whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization or otherwise, we may transfer our user database, including personally identifiable information contained in it, to the third party.
- If our Services are offered to you as a service or benefit through your employer, we may share limited information about your drug purchases, such as your name, the date, and the amount of the purchase but not the drug name, with your employer as necessary to enable them to provide any refunds, rebates or discounts to you based on your purchases. In this case you should check with your employer to understand how they may use and share this information.
We and our service providers may share reports on user demographics and traffic patterns that does not identify you, as well as other information that does not identify you with third parties.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personally identifiable information. Unfortunately, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems. We cannot guarantee that the Internet or any other technical system will be 100% secure or error-free. We are not responsible for the security of information you transmit over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
If we make an option available for you to create a user account, you may access and modify certain information (e.g., your contact information) by logging into your account and accessing the settings section of the Services. You can update or remove your personal information by logging into your account and accessing the “Your Choices” section.
You may also opt out of receiving marketing emails by using the unsubscribe information available in any marketing email, or by emailing us at email@example.com. To the extent that you use the Services, there are certain messages you may not opt out of receiving, such as non-promotional email messages about programs or services you have registered for or certain administrative, technical, or safety notices about the Services or our products or services.
The Services do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information over time and across websites and online services you may use. If we do so in the future, we will describe how we do so in a notice on this page or by email, prior to any material changes becoming effective. Visit the following website, for more information on this developing area. www.allaboutdnt.org
Information About Minors
The Services are intended for adults only and are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, individuals under the age of 18. If you become aware that your child or any individual under your care who is under the age of 18 has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you live in California and register for an account with us, Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code allows you to request information about how and to whom we disclose certain categories of your personally identifiable information for their direct marketing purposes, once per calendar year. Requests must be emailed to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For state specific privacy rights for California residents, please click here.For California consumers: Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Links to Other Websites
Cookies and Similar Tools
If you prefer not to receive cookies from the Website, then set your browser to refuse all cookies from any websites that you may visit. This will provide you with more control over the acceptance of cookies on your computer. However, it is a possibility that some portions of the Website will not function properly or may perform more slowly. By using our Website and not disabling cookies, you consent to their use. Please note that other tracking technologies may still function.
How Long Your Personal Information will be retained
We will retain your personal information only as long as necessary to provide Services to you, and as required to comply with legal or regulatory obligations. You may instruct us to remove your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com, and we will delete your information to the extent it is not prohibited by law or it is not necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. You can update or remove your personal information by logging into your account and accessing the “Your Choices” section.
Changes and Updates
Questions about privacy can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may write to us at:
910 John Street
Columbus, Ohio 43222
Last updated: January 31, 2022